Upload your mix for mastering through Hesseldahl Sound WeTransfer channel:
- Use 24bit or 32bit and keep your sample rate as you recorded it
- Make sure the track is not clipping/distorting/exceeding 0dbfs
For mixing inquiries send me an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me about your project.
Remember to include a link to your files.
You can send me the files through "Hesseldahl Sound WeTransfer channel", Google Drive, Dropbox or whatever works for you.
How to prepare files for mixing
- 24bit and keep your sample rate as you recorded it.
- make sure no track is clipping/distorting
Naming of files:
1. Name each file starting with the type of element it contains: kick
If there are more than one of the elements just use ascending numbers: kick 2
2. Create 6 folders and name them: “vocals”, “drums”, “bass”, “guitars”, “fx”, “keys” and move the appropriate files into their respective folders.
3. Zip all the folders into a new folder that contains the artist name, song name and bpm: Artist X – Song X – 120bpm
When exporting please bypass all plugin instances that you may have applied when creating your rough mix. Exceptions:
- Keep plugins that are a crucial part of the sound design and define the character of a sound, e.g. AutoTune vocal effects or extreme filtering to completely change the tone of a sound
- Keep filter automation
- Keep all plugins on sounds that are sound effects in themselves, such as booms, sweeps, or risers
-Include the latest approved rough mix